A little personalization of things - by Wispear

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Wispear, Jun 17, 2017.

1. NEW DAWN ROLEPLAY - A PROJECT ZOMBOID COMMUNITY

IF YOU CANNOT join the server please submit a support ticket using the following link or ask an admin in the shoutbox! http://newdawn.aggressivegaming.org/support-tickets/

Apply here: http://newdawn.aggressivegaming.org/applicationform/apply-here.17/form
    Your application: http://newdawn.aggressivegaming.org/forums/whitelist-application.200/

PSA - Offline Robbery Warning
    PSA - Harassment Warning (Part 2) With Effect from 12 February 2017
    PSA - Donation give more privileges??? (Not April fool joke)
  1. Wispear

Wispear Administrator
    Staff Member Contributor

Hey guys, and girls,

This is something that I've come up with - but given we are all part of a roleplaying server - I was thinking how about some items getting a bit more personalization?

Since there is an option to edit item names, I think it would be a great way to increase immersion and give some extra fun while keeping every mechanic intact.

If you have an item that you want to rename - please let me know and I'll try to do my best to get it done for you. Please note that this should be within reasonable limits (I keep the right to refuse trollish or inappropriate names) - but your favourite items will be known around the valley.

Let me know what you think.
    (Also I'm running the idea through the admin team so this is not canon, yet)

Wispear

Alstrum and piggs like this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've already asked, we cannot rename flashlights to "Flesh Light" so don't bother asking for that one. XD

DrBezendrine likes this.
  3. Tomsc

Tomsc Active Member

Is there a thread or post somewhere that details every unique item? If not then that'd be great too.

4. CzarUltra

CzarUltra Member

There's the Artifacts of the Lore thread that kind of did something similar.

5. Wispear

Wispear Administrator
    Staff Member Contributor

All right, here is how it will work - if you want certain items personalized - drop me a PM (please do not flood the support ticket section with these) and I will try to either reach out to you personally to get these modifications, or I will have a time set up when I'll be doing these. So keep them coming and we'll see.

6. harperers

harperers Dead Inside
    Contributor

can you rename any item? not just weapons? also if we do weapons can we get another one renamed when it breaks?

7. Wispear

Wispear Administrator
    Staff Member Contributor

Every item can be renamed from what I've seen - although I'm still testing. As for broken weapons - if you get another of the same item, yes but I won't give out free weapons - this is purely a cosmetic thing.

8. harperers

harperers Dead Inside
    Contributor

another question, if you perform any recipes with them, do they default back to the normal item?

9. Wispear

Wispear Administrator
    Staff Member Contributor

That I'll have to test, but good question.

10. harperers

harperers Dead Inside
    Contributor

you figure it out?

11. Wispear

Wispear Administrator
    Staff Member Contributor

From what I've seen it reverts back to normal - unless you use it as a tool that is not consumed with the recipe (e.g. Hammer for building something or a knife used to cook)