Goodbye, for now.

Discussion in 'Journal / Story' started by MindGate, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Ashwood Cove Lore News
    Notes and Changes
    Notes regarding any changes to the basic information of the lore, lore specific rules and so forth will be posted HERE

View the lore information BEFORE posting an application.

The Door To Hell

Application Information

We are now accepting applications.
    Application Link

Your Application
    Dismiss Notice
  1. MindGate

MindGate Lore Goblin (Totally Overkill)
    Staff Member Event Staff Lore master

People run and run looking for an asylum; a place to conceal them from their wrongdoings, a place to hide them from their injuries that hang open. It's a reasonable thing, who /does/ want to face all of this head on? Be that as it may, what happens when you discover it and you seal yourself so far in that you can’t climb back out? It's a basic answer, you move toward becoming me, Larue Monroe. I've spent the most recent five years of my life fleeing from it, fleeing from her, fleeing from them. I’m finished running.

I've cut an opening in myself so profound that I didn't think I had a way to climb back out until she illuminated the path, and here I am at the end of the line. My mind has been meandering into two .. different places, two different realities with those who tried to save me. A whisper in the ear reminds me of a man who I deemed a brother stabbed in the back for the illusion of love, and I feel a sense deep agony for it. I just can’t place his name, it’s like a wisp of wind. So close, yet so far.

Where am I, really? It’s my head, split between two different realms that seem to vaguely mimic one-another, I hear his name in one and I hear the faint whispers of my friends in the others .. What’s that? Pink? I don’t .. I do, but I don’t.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What .. What was that? What am I hearing? Who am I hearing? I don't .. I don't have the foggiest idea. I know this much, I have a decision before me, an opportunity to at long last end it, to set it all ablaze and see it consumed before me. The decaying corpse of my prison can’t be left to remain, or I won’t be able to finally move on. That’s what I have to do .. and perhaps her far off cries will be hushed and she can be at peace.

The very moment we arrived at Eden, I traversed through the already collapsing compound to my prison that was miraculously left untouched, as it always has been. Safe, enticing me to approach and lay my weary head down. I even considered it for half-a-minute, but not anymore. I need to let them go, I need to let it go. I wound up remaining in the focal point of the bar, washed the past with fuel, preparing to burn it all away.

I couldn’t help but look back at all the memories that I had here. Christmas, was one of them. Who at any point imagined that a town based on such a vicious history could have such enthusiasm for the holidays? So much so, To such an extent, that we as a whole really grasped benevolence for a day and traded presents. Such a significant amount were buried away in the deepest parts of my psyche. I knew that I’d always cherish them, but the bar could not be left to remain ..

I moved outside set it ablaze, I watched as the spiraling orange flames wrapped around the bar, constricting the last bits of life out of it. It was beautiful, an ending to the pain, an ending to everything. I could've sworn that I'd hear her voice one final time, or even catch a look at her in the inferno, yet I wasn't right .. I instead felt a set of arms wrap around me, I heard her delicate voice whisper in my ear and I at long last felt at peace.

I moved on from the Valley, I moved on from the past with her.

I can even see the dim light of a future, even if it’s as isolated as it is.

They offered me one last thing.

A chance to forget everything, to move on to yet another realm only to have this revelation once more.

I realized one thing, no matter who I am, no matter who I was ..

I don’t want to forget any of them.

Jessica, Pink, Risky, Zed, Dallas, Sun, Laura,Arnold, Schweitzer, Tat, Abraham, Sara, Casper, Andrey, Frank, Winters, Sam, Amber, Stryker, Dwight, Mallick, Erin, Curtis and so, so many more ..

I stay here, in the middle of everything, in limbo .. with them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I felt the need to make something of a final message and confirm a few things. This is in fact the last lore I am playing Larue in, he's been permanently retired and will most likely not appear in any future lores unless I feel that I have a reason to continue his story.

I want to give a lot of love to all of those I've grown to know over the course of these two years, Larue was technically the ''first'' character that I've ever extensively played and I met a lot of great people as a result (Carver, LuckyDuck, AWarGuy, Devon Roberts, and plenty of others.) I don't think I'd still be around on ND without all of you.

<3

#1 MindGate, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    CzarUltra, piggs, TuckerCTM and 7 others like this.
  2. Stillbrew

Stillbrew New Member

God I thought this was a departure thread.

Got me good. Fantastic read.

MindGate likes this.
  3. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck New Dawn Lifer
    Rubber Duck

[​IMG]

MindGate likes this.
  4. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck New Dawn Lifer
    Rubber Duck

[​IMG]

MindGate likes this.
  5. Bill Chompski

Bill Chompski New Dawn Lifer

Larue was one of the best damn characters I've had the pleasure of seeing in any media, especially RPs.
    Nothing but respect to you, Mindgate.
    [​IMG] .

MindGate likes this.