Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!!' started by Somnium, Jun 22, 2017.

1. NEW DAWN ROLEPLAY - A PROJECT ZOMBOID COMMUNITY
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

Temporary closure of the server

We just want to thank everyone who participated in this lore for all of their support. As we prepare to server for the next lore and prepare all the changes needed for this lore, we hope you will all return and make this next one as great, if not better than this last lore.

2. Ashwood Cove Lore News
    Notes and Changes
    Notes regarding any changes to the basic information of the lore, lore specific rules and so forth will be posted HERE

More information to come on the lore itself. Stay tuned.

Dismiss Notice
  1. Somnium

Somnium New Member

Hello everyone, I was super excited to stumble upon this project. One of the first things that struck me about PZ was it would be an awesome vehicle for some amazing role play.
    I have a long history with tabletop, muds and a variety of graphical rp games over the years and was as such thrilled to see this project has remained text based. That brings me back to the days of ultima online and the like, somethings you cannot do via voice, let alone 15 people at a time.

I am as above and old time role player and I absolute adore tension, drama and fear IC hopefully shared with a bunch of folks having a laugh behind their toons ;). I take roleplay really seriously and having fun even more seriously.

So I have had a browse through the rules and they all seem sensible and conducive to a fun creative space and as importantly an exciting game. So onto some more generic questions:

How many people are actively playing? One does not always need very many people for an rp experience but fellow players are helpful.

Death? I read a bite is always lethal, does death mean you roll a new character? So in essence a rogue like rp experience?

Is the server largely active in all time zones or mostly US, this is relatively minor just a curiosity.

How newbie friendly is the game? I have played a little PZ but I can imagine having numerous questions and initially getting things wrong even with best intentions.

Above and beyond the lore, when you start a new character is the general concept you drifted in from some other area? This is almost feebly simple question, however the hardest moment on any rp journey is that moment of login and being tossed into an established world. As such this is just the tip of the iceberg in crafting a background that fits the tone around here.

Excited to be here, looking forward to having some fun.
    regards
    Som

#1 Somnium, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    El Cid likes this.
  2. harperers

harperers Dead Inside
    Contributor

This sever is indeed a hidden gem. as for the actively playing, I would see 10 people playing at average, going from 20 - 5 as well, and we have the map cornered off to only valley station as to encourage interaction. We have people in lots of time zones, so you can never really predict when the server is going to be active. And death means you have to roll a new character, since survival is a large portion of RP. As for your characters background, make it whatever you want, as long as it is realistic, and within your RP ability.

3. Somnium

Somnium New Member

Thats great as my play time can vary dramatically. I will write up an app and get in and newb it up over the weekend. I like the idea of perma-death and upside, I can only mess up so badly ;)
    Looking forward to rping with you all.

4. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck New Dawn Lifer
    Rubber Duck

Hi newbie! Always excited to see new faces with roleplay experience. The server is, indeed, active at the oddest times. I find Tuesdays to be the most active day (which is really strange to me, it used the be the weekends that were the most hopping) and the most active times are generally from like.. idk.. I wanna say 2pm to midnight, central. Sometimes I'll be on here playing at like.. 4 in the morning, so, even at the odd hours you can usually find a bit of interaction. :)

Just remember when you make a character, you might want to start out with some items that will help you not die if you're solo for a bit. Things like.. maybe a lighter, small knife, practical survival items that you'd realistically have on you. There is no loot respawn on this server, so it helps to have a few things to keep yourself alive (or just-for-fun roleplay items with sentimental value to your character, for the sake of uniqueness).

5. Somnium

Somnium New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I am reconciled to death happening mostly as I am not awfully good at PZ ;) However now I realise its a perma-death situation I am enamoured and this is happening.

6. Star

Star Rp Addict
    Contributor

Welcome glad you decided to join us. Hope you enjoy our server!

7. El Cid

El Cid No relation to El Chupacabra
    Staff Member Take All My Money! Contributor Master Builder

Welcome Som! Glad to have you!