Server after this lore...

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Legion, Aug 12, 2017.

1. NEW DAWN ROLEPLAY - A PROJECT ZOMBOID COMMUNITY
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

Temporary closure of the server

We just want to thank everyone who participated in this lore for all of their support. As we prepare to server for the next lore and prepare all the changes needed for this lore, we hope you will all return and make this next one as great, if not better than this last lore.

2. Ashwood Cove Lore News
    Notes and Changes
    Notes regarding any changes to the basic information of the lore, lore specific rules and so forth will be posted HERE

More information to come on the lore itself. Stay tuned.

Dismiss Notice
?

What happens with the server?

1. Close it until next lore

70.6%
  2. Keep it running, Free RP server

23.5%
  3. Keep it running, Survival Server, Same rules in regards to theft and PVP

5.9%
  4. Keep it running, PVP/PVE server

5.9%
  5. Something else.... in comments.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Open entire map

5.9%
  7. Keep as only valley station

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Legion

Legion Jabba Woki Ding Dong
    Senior Admin

So, the lore is starting to comes to a close. The next lore is being built on another server. So, what should we do with the current server until the next lore goes live? I figure we can leave that up to the people playing here.

This is multiple choice as its like... 2 polls in 1. What to do with server, and should we make entire map open?

2. Leo_Ziegler

Leo_Ziegler Well-Known Member

I say open the entire map and keep it running, so that way characters can still have their arcs come to an end even after the events

3. Tomsc

Tomsc Active Member
    Contributor

As far as I'm aware I was the only one logging in for the past few days. I can't speak for other timezones but overall it seems that only 2 or max 3 people even bother coming in-game and even that is every 4th or so day. I think it'd be best to just end the lore when it ends and close the server until the new one is ready.

4. Legion

Legion Jabba Woki Ding Dong
    Senior Admin

I got that feeling too looking at logs and login data and all that but... just checking to see what people wanted because it literally costs us nothing to keep it running. If anything... I was kinda also using this to gauge if there was any interest at all in something like a normal server also.

5. DrBezendrine

DrBezendrine Mr. I Only Play Female Characters
    Staff Member Take All My Money! Passive Aggressive

From a player aspect, I would love to see it open to free RP and just be there without a lore for people to enjoy. Most times, if you find the right people, RP no matter what it is is fun. Sort of release a bit on rules as well for looting and just let at it.

On the admin side of things, I would close it down so we can move the server and have the next map ready and make changes as necessary as we come closer to releasing the lore. This is usually how we've done it but who knows? Maybe it'll be fun

Emios likes this.
  6. Devon Robert

Devon Robert Tyrannical Dictator
    Staff Member Take All My Money! Contributor

Not sure if hypothetical player votes are allowed, but as someone who intends to hop in next lore my vote would be to shut it down for now.

Give people some time to breathe. Let 'em focus on their new characters. If it's an open server for now, they'll burn out drafting throwaway characters for 2 weeks of open RP (just speculation, obvs not sure if that's what you guys are doing.)

Again, all hypothetical and from the outside looking in. Let people get active in shoutbox, gossip on Skype about cool group char apps, and get hyped.

(Edit: if this post is only for current players, mad apologies. Hmu and I'll delete this and take away the vote)

7. Grayfox

Grayfox The Foxiest Admin

Good to see youre back Devon! And on that note I agree with Mr Roberts. Not many people get on the server anymore, and it would be beneficial for people to focus on making and fleshing out their new characters for the upcoming lore instead on making a few more throw aways. That's what ive done.

Devon Robert likes this.
  8. Leo_Ziegler

Leo_Ziegler Well-Known Member

Like Legion said though, it costs nothing. So why not leave it running for players to hop on and just do whatever when bored. Or even, people could just hop on to test out hydrocraft shit and stuff like that.

I don't see a problem with leaving it running if it doesn't cost a penny, just a free open server to play on when bored or to experiment/plan some things for next lore