Base Raiding Discussion Board

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by Tucker, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Tucker

Tucker The Canadian Moose
    Staff Member

Alrighty! If I'm correct the current policy/rule for raiding a base is that half the faction/group must be online. Now I would agree with this, if this wasn't an Rp server.

Let's say two teenagers, Casandra and Bill, live in a house with their parents. Now you and your character the "stereotypical bandit" decide it's about time you get some nice loot from the place. Lucky for you! Half the group is online and guess who it is!? That's right! Casandra and Bill! The two teenagers who haven't shot a gun in their lives. Now realistically their parents would be in the room next to them, or maybe even slept on the couch by the door that night, but that extremely true fact is overlooked with this rule. Leaving these two vulnerable teens left unrealistically in danger.

Last lore we had a 1:1 ratio of bandit to faction member. This again, left for EEEEEASY kidnappings, because that single bandits was lucky enough to have that "weaker" character log on by themselves. The bandits would walk into the fort/compound and kidnaps said character, neglecting the fact that another 15 people are sleeping nearby and that one of them might've been sleeping right by the damn gate.

Now most would say...

"Yo, we know this shit, but there's really no solution because not everyone can be online to Rp 24/7."

And I'd agree with you!

Though there IS a solution! Some characters dedicate their time to staying within the walls of their fort, were others go out more often. Wether that be looting, fishing, killing infected, foraging and or running messages. These people are LESS likely to actually be within the fort at the time of a kidnapping or raid. Then there's the characters that stay within the walls often to stand guard, farm, be a freeloader, blacksmith or nurse. These people are MORE likely to be around when a raid or kidnapping takes place.

With this taken into account we should look to creating a OOC list of "guard" characters that have to be online during an attack/kidnapping.

I know that this'll throw a BUNCH, wait no, ALL the bandit loving characters into a hatred and pure denial of this concept. BUT you should remember, this COULD work well for both parties! So let's smash our heads together and thinnnnnnk.

- Ya boi Tucker

2. Lemis

Lemis Member

I agree w this 100%.

A character was killed inside the room were her volatile and violent her loyal boyfriend was sleeping, realistically he would have woken up from the yelling and she'd still be alive today.

3. Andrew Noah

Andrew Noah Lore Assistant - Admin
    Contributor

Possibly some kind of note at the front gate stating " Characters on guard " then have a list of those characters.

4. Tucker

Staff Member

Precisely what I had in mind, though we'd have to limit the amount of "Guard" characters allowed for each faction. A good ratio of guards to normal members would have to be created.

weirdpanther likes this.
  5. Pann

Pann Worst Admin Ever
    Take All My Money!

Base raiding is covered under pvp. Pvp rules are being decided. No need to make assumptions yet.

6. VCarrasola

VCarrasola Master of the Crops Nation

we don't even have bandits hehehe

7. RickDeckard

RickDeckard Literally an Emu
    Contributor

Or do we?

Da da duuuun

8. VCarrasola

VCarrasola Master of the Crops Nation

you'll know soon bb

9. Tucker

Staff Member

Oh we do. We've taken a hit, but there's a couple hanging around loosely.