Bezz is at it again

Discussion in 'General' started by Bezz, Jul 13, 2019.

?

What will make you log back into AGN PZRP?

1. More Personalized Events/Story

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. More/Better Detailed Lores

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. More Map/Creative Freedom

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Less Strict Rules

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Better Admin Treatment

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. More Simple Lores (OG Mall and Bartertown style)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Mechanical Freedom

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Other (Please comment and explain

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bezz

Bezz New Member

Man, it seems like I just cannot leave AGN at all :D

Welcome everyone to a Bezz who has nothing to do with a staff of AGN and is finally his own man IRL. Trust me when I say this, but I’ve been dealing with a lot of rough patches as of recent and I’ve finally sorted most of them out.

What actually brings me back to the forums instead of just shutting up as I should probably do is AGN’s Project Zomboid activity as of recent. I’ve been lurking on the forums for a while now, noticing the active player count dropping one by one, but finally, I’ve had enough with seeing it this low. In the past 24 hours, 16 people including myself logged onto the site itself, the shoutbox hasn’t received a new message in 5 days now, and last night at 10 pm EST, no one, not a soul was logged onto the server. Hitting you guys with a ‘Back in my day…’ we’ve never been this stagnant as a community. During the weeks of college, whenever that comes back, there were normally about 4-5 people logged in by 8 pm every weekday.

If any of you know me, I have a problem with this.

Disclaimer: Before anyone yells at me and says, “But you never log in, I don’t see your character around,” I just moved from Florida to Ohio and am sorting my shit out so this post will not deal with my activity. It’s simply a rant collected since 2016, January.

So, back to the meat of the post.

With poor activity comes stressed out admins and stressed out players who actually do try to log on. Our admins have worked most days and nights to build lores, suggest up to us as players, and take care of our support tickets and whatnot. When people suddenly stop logging on, they start to stress and wonder why that happened. Well, I understand people just get burnt out on PZ, I’ve done it a lot in the past. The game has basically been the same since it first came out back when the Soviet’s ran Russia. That is just how it is. I understand lives happen, this and that happen, no time, blah blah blah. But what about players like me or other people who’ve I recently seen around yet know damn well they don’t even have a character? What about them?

This is the main point of my rant. Speaking out to our community, what do we really want from AGN? From the RP server? What makes us want to log on? Enjoy the stories we make? What can the admins do better for us to make us want to log back in? Keep some form of activity so everyone collectively isn’t wasting their time or money?

A lot of questions, right? Yeah, I know. And all of them will remain unanswered until we as a community, more so us as players, decide we want to answer these. So, that’s all I ask.

If you read this post, admin or not, I would like you to respond. Everyone can agree that this activity is the worst since AGN merged, if not them of all time. So please, let’s try to fix this and just communicate with each other.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

morgaborg likes this.
  2. Bezz

Bezz New Member

*Any problems with anything not about this post and/or not related to this post, please keep it in DMs or don't even say it at all

3. EnvyDemon

EnvyDemon Member

Honestly, it's more or less map corruption at this point which caused a lot of players to not get on.

Personally, I wanted to drive over to Majid's to RP but had massive lag issues.

Bezz likes this.
  4. Bezz

Bezz New Member

I do believe that your average map corruption and lag issues are the game itself, which I know has burnt me out of this game plenty of times too. Hopefully the Devs start to do some good cause I know that's a massive issue all around.

5. omjo93

omjo93 Member

If you mean the neighbourhood of doom, there's an alternative route you can take to get to the other side of the river. That's what I use to get around.

6. omjo93

omjo93 Member

Well, the only thing that would get me to log on more is more free time lol.

Obviously more activity is a plus but that's out of the admins controls, I mean they can't force people to go online. Or can they? o_O

I get the mall is the main hub for RP, but I think more interaction with outside groups can create more interesting/open ended scenarios. Mix it up a little. That's one reason I didn't opt in to a group with my first character. A little bit of unpredictability keeps things fresh, IMO.

One thing I remember about the Barter Town lore (IIRC) was that outside groups were just as integrated into the lore as Barter Town. When I got there I heard stories about them. I went with others to visit them. They were as much part of the lore as reasonably possible without stealing the spotlight from BT which was the obvious centre of the universe. So yeah... that's my $0.02.

Bezz, morgaborg and MindGate like this.