Environmental Attack Setting

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by Tucker, Apr 15, 2019.

?

Your opinion?

1. No Environmental Attacking

88.2%
  2. Yes, Environmental Attacking

11.8%
  1. Tucker

Tucker The Canadian Moose
    Staff Member

It’s a me! Tucker!

Today I bring you one of the server settings I utterly despise, ENVIRONMENTAL ATTACKING. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this setting, it allows for zombies to randomly attack anything breakable in their vicinity. Normally zombies would have to be given a reason to attack something, this setting removes that. So whenever they’re not chasing something, they’re banging down player built walls for literally no reason whatsoever. Every time this setting is turned on we end up turning it off because it’s just so damn destructive and annoying.

I always refer to the West Point lore whenever this is brought up since it’s the last time it was left on for a long duration of time. We’ve had on since then, but for very short periods. I was in a faction during the WP lore with several others. We had built up a log wall (I’m fairly certain we ended up making it two layers before our collapse) around our base. Every day when I logged onto the server zombies would be swarming through our base. EVERY SINGLE DAY. So everyday we had to clear out the infected without RP because we literally couldn’t explain how they were able to bust down the walls and doors without alerting anyone EVERYDAY. After they were cleared we’d spend about half of our RP sessions chopping down trees and rebuilding/strengthening the wall. Despite our improvements it continued to happen again and again.

So, I implore the admins to change the setting before this lore goes any further. Before people start to become capable of building their own structures.

Comment what you think and vote in the poll above, amigos.

#1 Tucker, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Bill Chompski likes this.
  2. Bill Chompski

Bill Chompski Active Member

3. AmongTheCold

AmongTheCold Aka Andrew/Tucker
    Staff Member Lore Moderator Contributor

We had the same thing happen with the Mongols HQ in the Road Ahead lore. By we, I mean me. Cause I was the only one who logged on. I'm not mad or anything though.

Fuck you guys.

4. Sorry. Miller bounced on that mess. To far from EVERYTHING to have to drive or walk just for RP.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It never was mentioned, but this change has been made. Zombies should no longer attack the environment or player made constructions unless a player (or sound) provokes them to do so.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Tucker likes this.