First Hand Account of the Red Eye Outbreak and The Fall of Global Civilization; By Clarence Emerson

Discussion in 'Journals and Stories' started by EnvyDemon, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Threadmarks: Foreword
    EnvyDemon

EnvyDemon Member

Foreword

How do civilizations fall? The answer varies, but in the end, we only know the answers to questions we have records on.

Around 1200 B.C.E., several major civilizations collapsed, including the Egyptians, the Babylonians, The Myceaeans, and the Hittites. Our only evidence of this is the destruction and the vague mention of "Sea Peoples".

In these times, it is hard not to ask "are these our sea peoples," or "is this what caused the bronze age collapse." We will likely never know the true cause of it, especially now.

What I am trying to do is fill in the gaps that future histories may have. Because here, in 2015, is much like 4000 years ago.

This is our collapse. These are our sea peoples. This is a record of the collapse.

#1 EnvyDemon, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Abra, Tucker, piggs and 3 others like this.
  2. Threadmarks: About The Author
    EnvyDemon

EnvyDemon Member

About The Author

Clarence Emerson is a graduate of University of Texas at Austin, and was a history instructor for over 15 years before he assumed the duties of Principal. He lived in Lebanon Tennessee with his wife and daughter before the Red Eye outbreak.

(Note to self: Maybe I should inflate my credentials a bit... Dr. Clarence Emerson, PhD sounds a lot cooler than "taught high school history.")