Important Redirection of New Dawn

Discussion in 'Polls' started by DrBezendrine, May 25, 2017.

1. Server Disruption
    Dear PZ players,

Due to map corruption on 'All in Zomboid Map Pack' Enhanced 2 mod, we are unable to load the server up. We have recovered 75% of the map. There are still more to come.

Your friendly Dialga,
    jianmingyong

Ashwood Cove Lore News
    Notes and Changes
    Notes regarding any changes to the basic information of the lore, lore specific rules and so forth will be posted HERE

View the lore information BEFORE posting an application.

The Door To Hell

Application Information

We are now accepting applications.
    Application Link

Your Application

Dismiss Notice
?

What changes would you, as a player. like to see happen to New Dawn? Again?

1. Rules

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Admin Treatment

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. Applications/Processes (This includes Tickets, Starting Items and XP)

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  4. Events/RolePlay/Maps

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  5. Guidance

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. Admin Interactions -- Not Intervention

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  7. Other (Please Explain)

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Leo_Ziegler

Leo_Ziegler Well-Known Member

4) We’re taking a lighter note with lore, in general. Lore will still exist, but we don’t want to bash players over the head with it, forcing them down a single narrative.

I wish to go back to this, back to Sandbox.

No more narrative/storyline events.

I wish to go back to the Admin Npcs and the sandbox lore it was at the beginning

2. DrBezendrine

DrBezendrine Mr. I Only Play Female Characters
    Take All My Money! Contributor Passive Aggressive

And how many times will an admin tell you that's why the server died anyways? We are still taking this kind of approach to lore, you can make your own storyline, we aren't stopping anything or bashing lore on people's heads. There are plenty of Admin NPCs but all you elitist groups and faction don't want to take new people in: So guess where they go?

Point being, the lore is as loose as we can make it right now and if you don't get on and DO something, then nothing will happen. Events go to the active people for a reason. That reason is they're active. There are actually a lot of narratives going on right now: Sara has one, Larue has one, Erin has one, Haven, Laura's group, Woodsman, Animals, etc etc. Maybe you should try to explore some of these, eh?

EDIT: And only two of those people are staff, so you can't say this isn't player ran.

3. MrBlue

MrBlue Newdawn Lifer

4. Wispear

Wispear No.
    Contributor

There is still an active sandbox that is free to use for everyone. We have plenty of sand to dig up and build our sand castles, or bury someone else's.

From player perspective:
    There are players who are actively chasing their own goals - some reach for a position within Barter Town. Others try to deal with the looming dangers of post-apocalyptia. Another group is forming their own reality on how to survive. Some try to live on their own in peaceful solitude. They are all playing the sandbox. They are trying at least.

From server/community perspective:
    Some players are active enough that they don't need guidance. Others will require some events to happen - partly for immersion, partly for loot, and who knows what else. This is a community of likeminded people who want to enjoy roleplaying (to my understanding at least) and as a community, we should respect each others opinions and needs and try to be a bit flexible about it.

Personally, I think we all need to do our best to keep at least one lore living until there is a proper closure. Maybe it is not possible and there will be an abrupt end to this one too.
    Bottom line is, both players and admins need to create and take care of their own sandboxes, their stories within the sandbox itself. Otherwise we'll just keep spewing out new lores which will fade away because there is no motivation to be there any longer. Why? Because there likely wasn't one to begin with just the illusion of something new and shiny. But something new and shiny doesn't necessarily mean better as I'm sure many of the veteran players have experienced already.

MindGate and Lucky Duck like this.
  5. VCarrasola

VCarrasola Master of the Crops Nation

The simpler it is, the better. Most of the problems we have are 'If's or just one-time situations. I know that most people prefer to keep adding stuff to make sure everything runs fine, but I've always dreamed with a server like the old days; just project zomboid, mechanical gaming and a lot of what's important, playing your role - trying not to powergame and do unrealistic stuff and that's it.

A guy with 8 aiming? "Hey, that's not right dude, we think your cap should be 5"
    A city built in just one day? I doubt it, because building atm in PZ is a pain in the ass. Keep buildings limitations away!
    About PVP: bleh, whatever. Mixed 'works' (idk if there's been any more problems with it) and it's better than just have 1 hour pure text fights or just be pistol spammed, even though I don't mind mechanical fighting.

That's just me. It's all a dream.

Leo_Ziegler likes this.
  6. Leo_Ziegler

In order for a good lore, there needs to be polls on what the players want to see in a lore.

Sandbox lore or story driven event lore.

Mechanical, RP, or mixed combat.

Lore setting; Post Apoc, Pre Apoc, etc.

And all the other shit people argue over.

The majority votes for one thing will be the default status of the lore, that way it's the players minds and the players choice of lore.

So when we all argue and complain about the lore and shit, we can't blame anyone but ourselves.

And also, a lore where we, as players chose how it is to be played out, will be a better, long lasting lore.

7. Carver

Carver New Dawn Lifer

Nukes

Leo_Ziegler and TuckerCTM like this.
  8. Leo_Ziegler

Jeez chill, in any way that post wasn't going at this lore and admin arcs and shit. I was just saying I think polls for lore settings and what kind of lore would be a good idea.

But no, this lore you didn't hold polls on the lore setting or what kind of lore.

You admins made it Post Apoc and told us that it will be a kind of sandbox. Which I'm not complaining against, I'm just saying.

For any future lores, ask the player base if we want pre Apoc, Post Apoc, sandbox lore, etc.

I wasn't hating on this lore at all in that post above, so I don't know why you had to make a huge ass list in things. I was simply giving a suggestion for future lores.

9. MindGate

MindGate Totally Overkill - Lore Master
    Staff Member Event Staff Lore master

yeah I actually misread it. - My bad, sorry. I do agree that polls would be better off on somethings. Not on combat, I wouldn't agree to that ever. Not really sure if even on lore would be a good idea for a few obvious reasons. - That would require sudden writing and that would be really, really bad. Maybe with lore pre-sets. I don't know.

10. Leo_Ziegler

All good, but for the combat I meant as to set which style as default for when players can't agree.

11. MindGate

Like that's the thing imo. - If you removed hybrid, and say "man mecha is default." That is catering towards one crowd, and one crowd only. Where as Hybrid acts as a middle ground between the two of them.

In larger combat scenes I agree mecha should be the default, but in 1v1 it should be hybrid imo.

12. Leo_Ziegler

Yeah I see what you're getting at. And I'm pretty sure most agree to that anyway- Mecha in huge groups and Hybrid in 1v1 or small groups

MindGate likes this.
  13. DrBezendrine

All I can say is other people seem to not see it that way. Hybrid is a middle ground, but that doesn't mean you have to use it lmao. That's why this is an RP server -- You as a player choose what you do regardless of others

14. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer New Dawn Lifer

Only problem I see with mixed is it seems like you just get shot and sit there bleeding out while folks type.

15. MindGate

True, I've had that issue but I usually carry some spare food with me eat it/bandage my wound and haven't had a huge problem with it. Still an annoyance.

16. DrBezendrine

I'm not sure a lot of you know what a "Sandbox Lore" is. If I told you that admins wouldn't actually run ANY events and it was all up to a playerbase that survives on Admin created RP and events (Which isn't a bad thing, but for this type of lore, it is) would you still want one knowing it will not be a long lasting lore at all? Sure, admins can and will help out on events that need our help, but otherwise, you're on your own. Admins would have actual characters instead of NPCs and there will be no such thing as admin intervention since we aren't making the events.

Just something to think about -- Knowing this information, why would we ever do this when anyone already has the power to shape the lore in any direction they want right now? Food for thought

17. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer New Dawn Lifer

I think they mean opposed to nuke lore which was not exactly sandbox and I enjoyed very much. The only problem I had with that lore was the no evil rule and the rise of armchair psychologists trying to determine what players would or wouldn't do based on their bio or some convention inside them that makes them think they should know how people react.

I've found this lore to be perfectly sandbox player seriously just need to step up. I would say about 80-90% of the blame could probably be put on the playerbase, but it isn't like I have been running this lore either so I can take some responsibility this lore for the falloff also.

18. VCarrasola

VCarrasola Master of the Crops Nation

We always argue about the same

fuck