Majid's Notebook

Discussion in 'Journals and Stories' started by Anonymous, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like the idea of a journal to express my player(s) in a way that I might not be able to do in game. This notebook will be an item (a sticky note) found on Majid. The information in this thread isn't known by anybody unless he either tells them or they somehow read it themselves.

Devon and John/Jane Doe like this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entry One: Lousiville...

I've been here for a few days.

I found a hideout. It seems safe, or at least it did. One of the only places I've found that is crawling with zombies. This area is infested with the undead fuckers. I'm living in a food market. Naturally, there's no food in it. I've been living off of poison berries and a cockroach, so far. The irony practically writes itself.

Speaking of writing, I found a shit ton of books. Mostly textbooks and shit. Spent most of my time here reading them. What the fuck else am I supposed to do? I also found a Quran. It's been a decade since I last opened one up. I keep it on me at all times. I could use some divine protection. Though it might not be working since I got scratched on the foot earlier...

That'a how I met those two people. They gave me medical supplies. Anderson and Heaven. They seem... nice. Like, genuinely nice. I fucked up and told them my real name. Should have told them I'm that Talal creep. Then again, that could have backfired. Those two don't seem like they want to kill me. Which is... weird. Why? They could have shot me on the spot. I probably would have. Instead they healed and fed me. I don't know what to think about those two right now. Or the rest of their people. It's the nice ones you have to be cautious about.

As for the Ahmad search, he is still nowhere to be found. Though I did destroy the front of his car. Not my fault the roads are filled with zombies, dead and undead. Hope he doesn't mind. I can't stay in one place for too long, but dammit... I'm tired of always being on the move. Maybe I should wait for him to find me?

Maybe the entire thing is pointless.

*There is a distinct signature marking the end of the entry

#2 Anonymous, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2019 at 12:32 AM
    Jaded, Devon and John/Jane Doe like this.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entry Two: Down by the River

Fish. I haven't been fishing since I was fifteen years old. My father loved fishing. Every summer he'd drag the entire family on a fishing trip. I swear his favorite place in the world was Georgetown Lake. That man caught enough trout to feed us for the entire summer back then. By the end of it, just hearing the word fish would make the rest of us nauseous. But not that man. No, he could have probably lived off fish every day for the rest of his life. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he escaped to Georgetown Lake after the outbreak began. Dragging my mother with him. Bet he regrets shipping me off to Kentucky now.

I spent the day thinking about those fishing trips. I have to admit, there were some fun times, especially before Ahmad moved to Kentucky. He taught me how to fish with a spear. A bit more barbaric than using a fishing rod, but hey, we were kids - well, I was. I enjoyed it more than using the actual rod, but my father wasn't down for spearing fish. "We are civilized people," he would say. Well, guess what I did today? I tried to spearfish. I sucked at it. Those little fuckers are fast. I did manage to catch a pike using a fishing rod. Yeah, I spent the day gathering supplies to start fishing. Turns out, setting up camp beside a river was a smart move, if I can learn how to fish better.

I have an endless supply of food just a few feet away. Enough of a motivation to learn how to fish. Like my father. Ironic, huh?

I'm also considering contacting those mall people again. They have medical supplies. And weapons. I'm sure they have a lot of shit. I've been scavenging the houses around here and haven't found much. I figure they like fish. Better than canned foods, I bet. Maybe we can set up a trade. Maybe. Still don't trust them all that well. The two people I met were nice, sure. Fuck, me and the L.E.X. were nice to people we wanted to fuck over, too. You do what you can to survive out here. I get that. Shit, I respect that. If they played me, they played me. If not... well, maybe they'll end up being useful after all. And if they aren't, well... then they're more useful to me dead than alive.

#3 Anonymous, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entry Three: Killer on the Loose?

So somebody from the mall found my little hideout. Said her name was Charlotte. I guess her and a couple others drove by here earlier and the walls sparked their curiosity. She seemed like a decent human being. I hope she's a woman of her word.

She mentioned something about a serial killer. Fucking great. But not just some bored asshole who gets off killing people, no that would be too easy in this town. This guy apparently likes to skin his victims and show them off. Charlotte made it sound like it's one of her people doing it. So he - or she, I suppose - is their problem. For now at least. I have to sleep with one fucking eye open now, hoping she doesn't tell anybody about me. Same with the other two I met during my first day here. Any chance of me contacting these people to trade just went out the window - at least until that shit is taken care of. No fucking thank you.

Spent the day fishing. I really do suck at it. Wasted most of it trying to spear fish. I've been reading up on fishing, hoping this stupid textbook would help me get better. But nah. I think it might have made me worse. Outdated piece of trash... I'll use it for campfire fuel.

One last thought: I really hope Charlotte isn't the serial killer. Because if she is, I'm fucked.

#4 Anonymous, Jun 25, 2019
    John/Jane Doe and Jaded like this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entry Four: All You Can Eat?

A few days ago, I considered staying here and waiting for Ahmad to find me, instead of me going out and looking for him. Well, today I decided that was the smart thing to do. A smart decision? Well shit... there's a first for everything I guess. This place is... well, a hell of a lot better than sleeping in that damn car. I have walls. I have water. I have room to stretch. And I have food. If - no... - when Ahmad finds me, I'll have some place he can crash. Some place safe. He'll be proud of me. He'll be grateful.

Today was all about food. I had much better luck with fishing. Like, really good luck compared to the last few days. If I keep at it, I should get better. I think that's how this works. "Practice makes perfect" or some stupid bullshit like that. But seriously, this could be a major source of food. I'd be set for life. Ha. Life. Look at me, talking as if life is still a thing. Yay. I'll die with a stomach full of fish. Awesome. Great. Woohoo.

Aside from fishing, I'm trying to farm. Me. Farming. Like some redneck out of Texas or something. Welcome to the twighlight zone. I haven't planted a thing - well, a plant for food - in my life. This aught to be a disaster. But fuck it, how hard can this be? Step 1, dig a hole. Step 2, put seed in hole. Step 3, pour water on seed. Step 4, grow a plant. I might have some pumpkins soon. I don't even like pumpkins. But beggars can't be choosers in the zombie fucking apocalypse.

Food looks to be taken care of. Same with water. And shelter. I think I should focus on weapons and medical supplies. I can't expect the kindness of strangers to save me next time. Especially with a murder on the loose. Maybe there's a way to trade while remaining anonymous. Protecting my identity. Or maybe I can bribe the serial killer with catfish fillets. Then again, the freak would probably eat me instead.

Aww... Look at me, being all optimistic and shit. I'm getting soft, huh?

#5 Anonymous, Jun 26, 2019
    John/Jane Doe likes this.
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entry Five: An Offer You Can't Refuse

I made them an offer. Food for fuel. The conversation I had with Charlotte wasn't very... encouraging. But I contacted these people. Why do I feel like I'm going to regret this?

Fuck me.

#6 Anonymous, Jun 28, 2019
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entry Six: The Kids are Alright

If I told you there would be teenagers running around out here at night with dogs and machetes, you'd probably shoot me in the head.

Well, there is a teenager running around out here at night with a dog and a machete. Yes, I've had the most random night in a long, long while. We had a good talk though. She seems smart. she said she isn't going to die. That kind of strength is rare. Fuck, I knew grown ass men who gave up on life days after the outbreak. I think she's gonna survive. As long as nobody gets her killed. I hope she listened to my words carefully.

I offered to build her and her friend walls. Why? Beats me. It's weird, but I see her like a little sister. Some random ass kid. Damn, I am getting soft. Well, I'll get something out of it. Fuel, for starters. But also intel. She knows a lot about the mall people. That might come in handy if they are as dangerous as I think they are. She gave me some insight on them. The ones I've met so far are the "nice" ones. To be fair, they are nice. But I'm eventually going to meet one of the not-so-nice ones. I hadn't heard back from my original offer to them. To be honest, I'm hoping Charlotte either forgot to mention it, or they rejected it. I don't know if I can trust these people yet.

As an aside, they don't seem to be very... smart. They don't have perimeter walls. It's cool you live in a giant ass mall, but really? When I first arrived, the parking lot was swarming with freaks. If they let a horde easily get to the main walls.... they'll survive it but probably suffer avoidable losses. It's stupid. On top of that, they have a gas station that they don't guard. What the hell? Maybe they aren't as dangerous as I thought. The amount of power you can have controlling fuel in this world... it's a joke that they don't realize that.

But their loss is my gain.

#7 Anonymous, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2019 at 12:31 AM
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entry Seven: And Now We Wait

It's been days since I made my offer to those two girls. Hadn't heard back from them. Don't even know if they're still alive at this point. So I went and got my own fuel. Got the generator working, filled up the car, and have more to spare. Nice.

The other day somebody slipped a note under my door. Apparently I have a "neighbour"... Just great. I checked out his place, looks like he's been busy setting up. I don't know how useful this guy will be. Or if he'll be a problem.

I hate waiting. All I've accomplished is nearly slicing my arm off after smashing into a tree. Besides that, I found some stuff that'll be useful.

Woopdee fucking doo.

#8 Anonymous, Jul 10, 2019
  9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entry Eight: Prince of Persia

I decided to drive into the main city today, but the bridge was blocked off. Turns out some guy named Arvio set up a trading post out there today. I just caught him at the end. He's... interesting. Kept going on about giving me my every desire. Dude thinks he's a genie, mabye? I dunno. But he offered to fix my car for a box of nails. So... that totally happened. Car repairs for nails. What a time to be alive. Apparently he even offers bombs. Bombs. I don't even know what the hell I would do with a bomb but I kinda want one, I can't lie. Maybe use it to clear out the race track. Or at the very least use it to defend the food market. He told me to prepare for work next time he comes around. I appreciate the gesture, but I'm not working for nobody.

One other thing caught my attention at this trading post. Some crazy woman talking about blowing up a mall. Didn't catch her name. But she was definitely tweaked out, she talked nonstop and about the most random crap. Maybe her bomb threats were just the ramblings of a crackhead. Maybe not. Those people say they have a serial killer on the loose. Well... I'm no detective but I can put two and two together. Not sure whether I should tell them about her. For one, I don't know her name. And two, I don't even remember what she looked like. Might make me look suspicious. That's the last thing I need.

Still no sign of Ahmad. I need to find a way across that bridge. That son of a bitch better not die on me. He can't leave me alone like this. I have no idea what to do. I don't know whether to go out and search for him, or wait for him to find me. Others have found me. So why can't he?

Arvio made his home sound like a post-apocalyptic heaven on Earth. If you're trading for nails you must have a ton of important shit already. That's some next level privilege right there. Maybe I can trade nails for a trip on a Persian rug to this mysterious land.

#9 Anonymous, Jul 14, 2019
    Jaded likes this.
  10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entry Nine: Alive 107.4

I did some exploring today, and honestly... I wish I didn't. Found a school, and what used to be a storage facility. Both destroyed, of course. Walking through those halls... seeing the bodies all over the place... it fucked me up. Wasn't too long ago I was in halls like those. Brought back some memories of the shit I used to get into back in high school. Nobody would fuck with me because of Ahmad. Students or teachers. I was untouchable. Now? Now I'm hiding in some damn produce store, trying not to die from undead freaks. Going from on top of the world to this? Fuck... I still haven't really come to grips with it.

As for the storage place, it was definitely home for a group. There was a lot, and I mean a lot, of shit in there. I helped myself. Figured they won't be needing their stuff anymore. With how that place looked, the people that lived there had a pretty savage demise. Bodies. Everywhere. Fucking brutal. Grab whatever I thought I needed and bounced. There was something about that place. Somebody laid out planks that read, "Alive 107.4." Pretty fucking ironic if you ask me, considering they're dead. Maybe they had a radio show or something? I dunno. But they're "Dead 107.4" now. I might go back there to clean them out some more, but I think I have enough junk I'll never use.

Speaking of junk, I've noticed this area is getting more active with traders. A little post-apocalypse mercantilism - how about that, huh?Junk worth more than money. A box of nails can buy you car repairs. And apparently four can snag you a propane torch, gas can, and car battery. I made a deal with some guy, he told me his name was Rylan. Honestly, he kind of ripped me off. But it's my own damn fault. I haven't spoken to people in such a long God damned time that I forgot how to bargain. Maybe I should have robbed him? He's travelling out here, alone, with a truck full of food and supplies. Somebody will eventually. Then again, I know nothing about him and I'm not about to fuck with some random stranger with the balls to drive around - by himself - with all of that shit.

Ahmad, Ahmad, Ahmad. Where the fuck are you? I'm starting to give up, man. I mean... even if you are alive, what are the odds you head this way? What are the odds you stop at a food market? What are the odds you knock on the door and I answer? Maybe I should just... give up. Accept that you're either dead, or far, far away from here. It must have been weeks since I first arrived here. I don't know, man. Just.... find me. Find me soon. Okay?