News #2

Discussion in 'Local Access TV' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*As the spooky skeleton video finishes playing for the 10th time in a row, the channel goes black for a moment before a flash screen is seen on the screen saying "news"*

[​IMG]

*A man appears sitting in a chair of a studio. He looks to be in his 50's and had grey hair*

Hello and Thanks for viewing the news here, for all your local Ashwood Cove news needs.

So, the town has started its annual fair. For the most part it went off good enough. There was a stint with the police drawing a gun on an old man after he headbutted an officer according to reports. Reports say that the officer claimed the man would be in jail for the rest of his life. The man appeared to be drunk and belligerent spouting off some nonsense about aliens.

Seems a little excessive in terms of force to me.

There are also unsubstantiated reports that there may have been a rather large drug bust as well where all the police were involved. This raises the question of... who was at the police station during all this? What would happen if someone needed the police for an emergency during this time?

In time we will see about the possibility of getting the police chief in here to answer some questions as well if he will come. I am sure he would to answer why his police force seems more like a power hungry cult asserting their dominance than a police force here to protect the people of the town.

*the screen goes black before a different video comes on the air.*

2. Stillbrew

Stillbrew Member

Shits on the police every possibility they can get

yup, this is a real news outlet, alright

3. Devon

Devon The pirate droid
    Take All My Money! Contributor + Contributor

[​IMG]

Bill Chompski likes this.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man I've got it on 10 hour loop!

Deleted member 1962 likes this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

News outLet's have done that IRL and people don't seem to mind. Lol. Keep in mind though that this is a "news" show from a character and as stated in the pinned post, the credibility of which is up to people to decide

6. John/Jane Doe

John/Jane Doe Still Alive.

Man bites an officer and headbutts another and is not touched except to be restrained. "EXCESSIVE USE OF FORCE!"

Police make a big drug bust which would almost always garner positive media attention, "SOMEHOW THAT'S NEGATIVE AND POWER HUNGRY!"

Steve... *Face palm*

7. a rabbit

a rabbit Active Member

mayb de media is corruuuuuuuupt

8. Legion

Legion Your tears sustain me
    Staff Member Owner

Ok. I'm going to turn off responses to threads like this I think. Things like this would be better handled as discussions IC since the station reports are IC. Feel free to keep up the discussions on this in game. After all, how you are reacting is very likely how your character would react, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.