Remove Sterilized Rags From Pot; campfire

Discussion in 'Known Bugs' started by Thornapple, Feb 25, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Road Ahead (Main Lore) News
    Lore Information

View the lore information BEFORE posting an application.

Application for the main lore have started!

Who goes there? News

Mini Lore is currently quite dead.

1. Thornapple

Thornapple Member

I boiled 5 rags in a pot of water. When it was "cooked," I context-menu (right click) selected the option to remove the sterilized rags. The pot of rags disappeared from the fire pit, and nothing arrived in my inventory.

A helpful other suggested logging off and back on. I did so, and the cooked pot of sterilized rags was in the campfire inventory. I DRAGGED the pot of rags to my inventory, then context-menu (right click) selected the option to remove the sterilized rags. My inventory then included an empty pot, and 5 sterilized rags.

I haven't tested the boundaries of this yet. Still nursing a sometimes infected scratch...

DRAG the cooked pot into inventory, context-select from there.

As this can be a game-mechanics survival issue with some time sensitivity, it would be good to know the finer points of this bug.

2. Thornapple

Thornapple Member

+++++++++++++
    update: second attempt:
    dragged the pot with rags into inventory, it disappeared. Logged off, logged on, it was still in campfire. Context-menu'd it into inventory - worked. Contexted the rags out - worked.

first try, fail. second try, fine.

3. NitroZombies

NitroZombies Member

4. Thornapple

Thornapple Member

another update, heresay:
    I'm told that the solution to this problem is to remove the pot from the fire ring to the ground, and then let it cool before removing the sterilized rags.

on a side note, I somehow now have about 8 cooking pots...

TuckerCTM likes this.