Starbound RP

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember we used to have a Starbound RP server and in it's prime it was doing quite well but after a little while, it went inactive. The game's changed, as has the community. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to give it another try, perhaps add a new twist, more events, new lore for it etc.

Perhaps (should it ever reach a large size) it would be mutually beneficial to both New Dawn RP and Starbound RP's populations as players switched between the two.

I only ask this because I've seen AGN dabbling in other games and it has attempted this before, perhaps there is still some potential.

2. ModdedTibby

ModdedTibby Community Manager
    Contributor

There is a lot of potential for that game for our community, the issue remains the same though, having the people and staff to run and admin that server! If there was a solid group of people who wanted to aid in such a project we could certainly do this!

3. harperers

harperers Dead Inside
    Map Builder First to Die Contributor

I would love to see this start again, i would be game if any help is needed

#3 harperers, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  4. Star

Star The Sweetest
    Contributor

Im game

5. CzarUltra

CzarUltra Member

Love that game but I don't know how it could transition to RP very well tbh lol I'd be down to try

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd still be down for Starbound RP, we could model it off our PZ one in terms of rules and then adapt it to the game, there's already a bit of lore in the base game that we could elaborate on. All in all, as Tibby said we would just need staff (Wish I could help out but other than maybe helping in writing the lore I don't think I'd have the time to admin) that would be willing to run it.

As far as I know Starbound can and has made the transition to RP rather well, although the RP communities for it aren't too big.

7. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Quack
    Rubber Duck Map Builder

#7 Lucky Duck, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  8. Wispear

Wispear No.
    Contributor + Contributor

Wouldn't mind giving it a try either

9. Hnng... I did SBRP on and off for almost 2 years. Yeah it's a nice platform. Really great character cusomizability.

I don't think I would join in that, though. The amount of erpers and Billy badasses was through the roof.

10. Says the most vile mesbian there is. (jk)

I don't know dude I played the same server as ric and some others here it was good fun while it lasted.
    Wouldn't mind helping build stuff when I'm drunk I used to be pretty good at that.

11. piggs

piggs Member
    Contributor

I played with Tobi and Ric, I think it's how we all started out properly RPing. It's a fantastic platform, probably better than PZ, but yeah, the community it attracted was pretty nasty. I don't think I'd join in either, I'm burnt out. And the communities used to have peaks of almost 50 people on occasion. They're small now, but they used to be much bigger. The audience has just dwindled.

Deleted member 4341 likes this.
  12. Bobith

Bobith ☭☭ CHAIRMAN ☭☭

I'd be down, as long as there's only cool kids allowed

13. Kerginox

Kerginox New Member

hell yeah, id love to do that. I also have some custom clothing, items, and models for starbound, so that'd be cool to put htem to use

14. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Website Developer - The Dialga Team
    Staff Member Manlet Warrior Owner

Once there is enough people and Tibby accepted the idea, I would gladly set up for you.

15. I'd love to put forward some ideas for lore, race and such. We'd need to have a plugin to allow for planet claiming as well as some rules and restrictions on it. Also, some builders to touch up on the hub (in the form of a trading station of some kind) as well as other areas where events could take place. Events could be in the form of Bounty Hunts or Floran Invasions? We could also choose between perma-death and the New Life Rule when characters die. There's a lot to be thought out but I'm sure it would be promising.

Bobith and Zaak like this.
  16. harperers

harperers Dead Inside
    Map Builder First to Die Contributor

id love for this to start up still.

17. CzarUltra

CzarUltra Member

So when are we doing this?

18. Bobith

Bobith ☭☭ CHAIRMAN ☭☭

This guy knows his stuff

19. About planet claiming we used to just have a part of a forum dedicated to listing important planets, including their IC and OOC information so people could read up about laws and customs before entering and so people knew not to wreck shit others had built for future purposes.

piggs likes this.
  20. jianmingyong

jianmingyong Website Developer - The Dialga Team
    Staff Member Manlet Warrior Owner

We will need a head admin and a few admin team for this rp so that we can propose to Tibby and get it running. Until then, you can gather your friends and discuss till the conditions are met.

Have fun. I would love to see it coming.

CzarUltra and Deleted member 697 like this.