Talal's Journal

Discussion in 'Journals and Stories' started by omjo93, Jun 14, 2019.

1. omjo93

omjo93 Member

Hoping he'll stay alive long enough to make this worthwhile. If the first couple days are any indication, that's unlikely. Anyhoo... the information here isn't known by anybody unless stated otherwise. And the journal only becomes "known" if found (it'll be an item, a sticky note) by another character.

Entry 1: Welcome to my Story

I don't know why I'm writing this. Hell, if you find it, I'm probably dead. Cliche, I know. But true nonetheless.

Well... here we are. Everything still hurts after the... situation at that damn mall. The painkillers are helping during the day so I can get work done. When they wear off though... I'll make those people pay for what they put me through. I have to.

Still no sign of my old gang. I'm hoping they got ripped to shreds by the freaks. But would I be that lucky? Doubtful. The freaks here are more of a pain in the ass. Outside of some relatively safe areas, there's a lot of them. And they're fast, persistent fuckers. I don't know who are more dangerous, the living or the dead in this hell hole.

I still haven't met the two women who haven't tried to kill me - well, kill me directly. Jill, I think her name was, pretty much got me killed. And conveniently vanished. The other woman, Lexi, has been AWOL. Jill sounded surprised when I told her she was alive. Maybe she was a ghost. Ha. I don't know how I'm going to react if I ever see Jill again. I get angrier every night just thinking about it.

I decided to give up finding a safe place to live and just make my own. I'm turning some food mart into a compound... with big ass walls, The entrance shouldn't be easy to find, it's between two trees. This area seems decent... it's near a source of water, and a relatively quiet area. I don't know if anybody will find me here, but I think I can live out the rest of my days in peace.

Who the fuck am I kidding?

2. omjo93

omjo93 Member

Entry 2: Not Feeling Great

It's been a while since the mall incident. I haven't heard from or seen another person since. It feels like I'm going insane, some days. That's just life. I've been living off some wild berries and a river for the last little while. It keeps the stomach full, but I'm not sure if these berries are safe. Not that I have much of a choice for food.

I'm making very little process on the walls around this place. It's getting frustrating. Damn good thing there aren't any freaks bothering me, but I don't know how long before Lady Luck decides to bend me over like she always does. Part of the problem... I'm sick. I've been feeling queasy for a while now, and it's starting to get worrying. Am I sick, or... am I infected? I have no energy, can barely chop a few trees down without almost collapsing. On top of that, I'm nervous a lot. The sound of leaves moving in the wind scares the shit out of me sometimes. What the hell is happening to me? What the hell am I even doing?

I honestly do not know if I'm going to die out here soon. It's a God awful feeling. I know I'm not well... mentally and physically. Not after what happened. But what can I do about it? Try and build this place up while slowly killing myself, it seems. Nice way to live, huh? What the hell have I gotten myself in to?

Bobith and MindGate like this.
  3. omjo93

omjo93 Member

Entry 3: Progress

Well shit, I'm done. The walls are up. This place seems somewhat secure. Finished at the right time, too. Some freak tried to bust the door open about an hour ago. Caught me without any weapons, too. I named him Zomby. He's my new friend.And the official bouncer of my new home.

Why is a dead zombie my new friend? Because the loneliness is getting to me. Or maybe it's these berries I've been eating. All I know is, I'm losing my shit being out here, alone. The only interaction with an animate object is with... things trying to eat my brains. Jokes on them, there ain't much left up there. On the positive side, my wounds are pretty much healed. Which is great, it means I can lay around dying without being in excruciating pain. I'm totally winning at life now, huh? I also gathered a lot of shit from the houses around here. And the... bodies. There's a lot of them. It was disgusting but I found some useful items. Useful for what? I have no fucking idea. But hey, I found an axe. After cutting down trees with some primitive ass stone axes, I find a real one. And she's a beauty. If I didn't panic when Zomby visited she'd have a new paint job on her blade.

I swallowed my pride and went on the radio. I think I contacted the mall. All I know was somebody who sounded almost as miserable as me answered. I hope those fuckers are miserable. I offered to trade with anybody who could hear me. Not a single reply. I don't want to trade... nothing I have is really valuable. I just want human contact. At least I have Zomby here to keep me company.

Fuck. My. Life.

John/Jane Doe and MindGate like this.