What do you want? [Open Discussion]

Discussion in 'General' started by MindGate, Jul 28, 2019.

1. MindGate

MindGate Totally Overkill
    Staff Member Senior Admin Meme King of New Dawn Lore Master

This thread has been created as a mutual ground for everyone to express what they want from the server & community at large. Nobody will be called out, penalized or anything for expressing their opinion here, we want to reach out and genuinely make a connection with the community. We know there's been a lot of bad blood and mistrust in the past with the admin team, but we are trying to take steps to repair the damage done. If you have an opinion you've had on your chest for a while, please utilize this thread to get it out in the open and let's have a discussion about it. Thanks!

omjo93, Tucker, Bezz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bill Chompski

Bill Chompski Active Member

3. Oddish

Oddish Member

^ Took the words right out of my mouth.

4. Venom

Venom Member
    Contributor

I'm looking forward to season 3. It'll be nice to break up events to at least be available to other groups. Biggest issue I had with season 1 and 2. Also hopefully some other factions? Really blew having ALL the rp at the mall. Especially for those that knew they were not wanted there.

MindGate and Tucker like this.
  5. Tucker

Tucker The Canadian Moose
    Staff Member

But with no bunkers and more Robin Larson

6. Jpurts776

Jpurts776 Member

+1 Ashwood cove 2

Oddish likes this.
  7. Manic Pixie

Manic Pixie Murder Girl
    Staff Member Senior Admin Contributor

THE PEOPLE DEMAND ROBIN LARSON.

John/Jane Doe and Oddish like this.
  8. Venom

Venom Member
    Contributor

Might I also recommend a lore recap for new/ returning people? More than likely new people won't be privy to info about events. So a general status of the world and perhaps major factions that have cropped up outside of Valley Station?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Less of a pay wall. I mean, I am so down for donating to the server, and having extra character slots or specific starting things as things you need to donate for but custom named items as something you have to donate for to get that are only for RP? Seriously?

MindGate, Oddish and Venom like this.
  10. Oddish

Oddish Member

"People running PZ servers should also read this bit:
    If you are a server owner then charging those who play on it is, of course, totally fine. You can clearly run whatever mods you like on it too, so long as they fit within our guidelines.

The Indie Stone, however, do NOT encourage or allow server owners to charge for specific items, mods or gameplay that is made and distributed exclusively for said server. Beyond server access, we do not approve of monetising any aspect of the game proper.

[Explanation: although we recognise that most server owners wouldn’t allow for ‘pay to win’ mods such as ‘a shotgun with infinite ammo for $40’ – we have to guard against this, as some server owners could. As such a blanket policy against this sort of server is our chosen course of action.

Our modding guidelines also state that we do not allow mods to be sold (unless we gave our approval first) – and, although a slightly different set-up, server-specific game modifications alongside a financial exchange fall far enough inside this bracket to create a grey area. Given time this could be exploited, and as such we feel that from the outset we shouldn’t allow, encourage or support it.]"

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/09/terms-conditions/

-------------

Basically - according to indiestone, we very much should not be charging for custom-named items in the first place. This should be something done free of charge, simply because we enjoy having fun stuff on the server.

Venom and MindGate like this.
  11. Manic Pixie

Manic Pixie Murder Girl
    Staff Member Senior Admin Contributor

Just to clarify our position on named items:

The donation requirement for named items was instituted a while ago, and it needs to be removed from any lists/options that it's on because nobody is charging anybody for named items. I've made at least a dozen for new characters since this lore started, and I know other members of staff have given some away, too.

Sorry for the confusion—I'll look into having the donation info changed to reflect that.

Andrew Noah, Oddish and MindGate like this.
  12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want Pixie no longer in charge of applications because she never approves my totally legitimate and awesome character ideas.

Signed,

~ Anonymous ~

In all seriousness though, one thing I would really appreciate, as somebody who misses 99.999% of events, is a recap of what went down. I don't expect a log of every single thing that occurred, ofc. Nor do I expect this to happen if I'm the only one who would be interested in it. But idk, it'd be cool. It'd add to the lore, at least, no?

Personally, I think with the new focus on group-events outside of the mall, I think the eventual fall of the mall would be interesting. Not like a massive horde invasion. And not a half-human, half-zombie badass character with laser rifles for hands destroying the mall with his lasers. But like... the fabric of it disintegrating. And yes, I know "planning" for this wouldn't be organic and it can't be forced. But the storylines that would create going forward would be something else.

I don't know where I'm going with this, so I'm gonna stop here.

Andrew Noah, MindGate and Venom like this.
  13. Simfantic

Simfantic Member

I really really enjoyed the pre-apoc ashwood. It allowed characters to grow without the threat of death, as well as when there was death it was 100% more meaningful. Allow people to grow naturally - instead of making relationships in the character creation lobby.

ALSO

EU friendly events. I can't afford to stay up until 2 am every Saturday for an event, even if you push it two hours early it'll make a huge difference to us (EU) players.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More inclusivity for EU players as we're pretty left out from all events due to the times of them.

Oddish, Andrew Noah and MindGate like this.
  15. MindGate

I'm EST. I'm usually free in the earlier sections of the day, but if something ever comes up for me where I'm busy, they usually have to be held at around eight. I am interested in trying to make them work at an early time though. What do you feel would work best for you all, as EU players?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When it comes to time differences, I think we all have to accept that this is just one of the compromises of an international server and is maybe the perfect example of a "you can't please everybody" situation. Edit: it isn't just the time differences but also schedules that makes it even more impossible to please everyone.

I don't know how feasible this is, but - assuming all of the admins that take part in events are located in the US - what if there were a couple EU based admins for some events so they can be held earlier? At least for events centred around groups with EU players. Would that complicate things? I feel like it would.

17. EnvyDemon

EnvyDemon Member

I don't think it would. I honestly would like to see events moved a bit earlier, like 3pm EST, so that everyone has a chance to participate.

At the very least, we still could try to have some EU events, as well as some NA events.

18. MindGate

I wouldn't even be able to do 3PM EST, lots of people work & other obligations around that time - including me. The absolute earliest we could probably do them is 5PM EST, but it'd be more comfortable at 6-7 PM EST.

I'm not sure how complicated it would be in the long run. I'm sure we can do some earlier events, but it'd be unlikely to have any ties into an over-arching plot and more just be stuff like trader/mercenary work events. If we popped more activity at those early times, we would eventually shift focus to that timeframe with some discussion.

One thing, I'd really like for people to start getting on outside of events too. So, let me raise the question for everyone here, what would get you logging in more in that area? We don't want the whole lore to hinge on events and people RPing there and then. Does the general activity have to do with how our rules are currently structured, does it have to do with a disinterest towards the game itself, or maybe just the inactivity as a whole? What do you think could help in this regard?

19. EnvyDemon

EnvyDemon Member

I think there is a problem with just well, I don't want to log on if no one else is on to interact with.

20. Venom

Venom Member
    Contributor

Inactivity breeds inactivity.

Oddish, omjo93 and MindGate like this.