What do you want? [Open Discussion]

Discussion in 'General' started by MindGate, Jul 28, 2019.

1. harperers

harperers Dead Inside
    Map Builder First to Die Contributor

You can always still be a loner, you just have to survive on your own speciality instead of being able to do everything by yourself. We could make one of the professions a "jack of all trades" profession for people who want to be loners.

Also, as for very low xp gain, xp gain can only go so low, i think the lowest setting is still pretty fast with bonuses. Perhaps you could change it with modding. I think

#41 harperers, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ehh.. I think that makes the game unnecessarily more difficult. I want to focus on roleplaying more so than surviving, if that makes sense? Even as a loner I still interact with groups and individuals.

Even with trait and book bonuses, it takes me around a week or so IRL to level up a skill. Granted I don't play as much and I don't grind to level up when I do play. But personally I think that's a reasonable length of time.

3. Tucker

Tucker The Canadian Moose
    Staff Member

So what I’ve gathered from this so far is that the system Harperer proposed isn’t a bad idea. Except it has one flaw, that characters who don’t have a beginning occupation (like younger characters) are screwed if they want to learn how to do something.

So sadly it kinda takes away the fluidity of a persons progression, kinda railroading them down one profession.

Manic Pixie likes this.
  4. Wispear

Wispear No.
    Contributor + Contributor

I'm actually very fond of the no xp on profession system or the very low xp gain version, if the overhauled professions make the characters actually useful....although unfortunately that would push certain character concepts become obsolete - in a way (e.g. a bank teller would have zero useful mech skills). It sounds similar to an idea I had of having different resources only available in certain areas on the map (e.g. Foraging at top right, minerals in a diff area, etc), making resource gathering and territories become a viable sorce of conflict.

Perhaps not an immediate change but if there was a feasible way to make it happen, I'd be all for it.

Manic Pixie and Tucker like this.
  5. Venom

Venom Member
    Contributor

Be pretty cool if each group had a major resource. Ie: Food, Gas, Transportation, munitions, skilled workers, etc. Encourage alliances but not quite a group merger.

Tucker and MindGate like this.
  6. MindGate

MindGate Totally Overkill
    Staff Member Senior Admin Meme King of New Dawn Lore Master

We have previously considered going through with the idea of placing advanced HC items (Blast Forge/Mines/etc) at unique locations on the map to encourage more interaction with groups. If it's something you all would be interested in, we'll look into incorporating that into the server when the map fully opens. (All items would be anchored to prevent moving and would likely stay that way, risk vs reward.)

Venom, Tucker and omjo93 like this.
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want people to log

so log guys, we got free beer

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You clearly haven't met me.

Tucker likes this.
  9. MindGate

MindGate Totally Overkill
    Staff Member Senior Admin Meme King of New Dawn Lore Master

A reminder that this is a thing! If you have any comments/concerns/grievances, feel free to air 'em here!

Bezz and Manic Pixie like this.